Searching for 19 PKE

Home Forums SP250 Owners’ Club Forum Searching for 19 PKE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sumptners
    Keymaster

I have been approached by a previous owner of an SP250 with the above registration. We receive many enquiries of this type and usually we can locate the car in question.

Regretfully Laurence’s records do not help with this car, and if anybody knows this car and the owner would like to contact a previous owner please reply to the forum or use the contact form on the website.

Many thanks

OldEnglish68
    Participant

Hi there One and All

I am the person hoping to set my eyes on 19 PKE – the car my Mother owned in ’62/’63 and drove to the hospital while in labour with me!

Always referred to as The Dart, a recently unearthed photograph shows the reg number, hence finally being able to find out how the car is doing (if appropriate)

Please help point me in the right direction if you can. An obsessive car nut myself (an inherited problem!) I understand some collectors are very private and respect that, of course.

Thank you and best wishes to all.

OE68

lauriej1s
    Participant

At last perseverance has paid off, with Glyn (Overy) searching the old ‘BT’ (Barry Thorne) records and then being able to cross check and apply the registration number to its chassis number, we last noted 19 PKE a couple of years ago in Norwich. So one assumes the car is still extant,

I could send the owner a letter if you so wish .

It was also noted on a you tube clip some while back.

Laurence

OldEnglish68
    Participant

Thank you!

Yes please, if a letter is appropriate.

I’ve had no luck finding the clip on YouTube but will try again.

All the best

OE68

lauriej1s
    Participant

Today’s update (16 Sept)

This morning having traced the sister-in-law of 19 PKE and having spoken at length. I learned the following:- The SP was bought second hand in the late 1960s from Stratstones in Surrey and retained until a couple of years ago when it was sold prior to a move to France. So the car is still extant – we need to find it.

The sister-in-law will endeavor to help us with the name of the person to whom her brother-in-law sold it.

Laurence

OldEnglish68
    Participant

How exciting! Great detective work.

Thank you very much.

Standing-by!

Best wishes

OE68

lauriej1s
    Participant

OE68,

Having traced 19 PKE further, I am but a whisker away from the owner who wishes to know the exact reasons. Therefore, if you care to write to me I will forward your request . It’s still here in East Anglia

Laurence

Sumptners
    Keymaster

Thanks to the diligent efforts of Laurence Jones, an old photograph of 19 PKE has surfaced and this is now in the ‘Gallery’.

OldEnglish68
    Participant

Hi Laurence

Just stupid sentimentality really…

I’m happy just knowing the car is still going – and East Anglia is a great place for such a car to live – so can leave it there rather than put you to further trouble or invade the owner’s privacy.

Thank you so much for finding it, I really appreciate it.

All the best

OE68

lauriej1s
    Participant

Update – mission accomplished .

I have been able to connect ‘Old English 68’ with the current owner of 19 PKE.

An interesting journey, via the sister-in-law of the long term owner who lead me to Roger Bennington of Stratton Motor Co, the leading Aston Martin dealers in Norfolk, who restored the SP. The final link was being in touch with the current owner who will join us in pasSPort.

Laurence

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.