An ‘R’ in the Chassis numbers

Home Forums SP250 Owners’ Club Forum An ‘R’ in the Chassis numbers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    clive
    Participant

Hello

I’ve been looking at a car for sale and the owner has told me that there is an “R” next to the chassis number which indicates that this car was in for special work.

I’ve not come across this before and was wondering if anyone had come across this before and knows what it might relate to?

Regards

Clive

lauriej1s
    Participant

Clive,

If you send me either the registration number or its chassis number I will look up the records.

And then give you the explanation

Laurence

clive
    Participant

Hi Laurence

The car in question is chassis no: 103821 engine no: 96848 body no: 737 – 1572. It was a car I came across nearly 3 years back in a workshop in knysna having some repairs and is now looking for it’s next custodian.

Kind regards

Clive

lauriej1s
    Participant

Clive,

This SP was a direct private purchase from the Company, It was on a special tax deferred series of numbers plates xxx WK which were 12 month tax deferred payment scheme. Permitted to use on those plates for 12 months then the car tax either needed to be paid or the vehicle exported out of the UK.

I would hazard a guess and say the original owners might have had a plantation as the original address in the City of London where the car’s owners were located is where the spice markets are located (tea/coffee/rubber etc)

The ‘R’ stands for rectification.

I would imagine that during the 12 month period the SP was returned to the factory for rectification, might have been a replacement engine . Are you aware of its current engine number – read from the block itself.

Laurence

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.