- September 25, 2020 at 10:08 am #1894BroadwellParticipant
If you have a rack conversion, there are low cost parts available on eBay and Amazon to resurrect the function of the centre Horn Push.
The parts are: –
1) Transmitter and receiver , should be about $10 (USD) – search eBay for ‘Remote Transmitter PCB Input Power Transmitting Signal DC3.7V4.5V6V9V12V 315 433’.
2) Battery holder, should be about £2.50 – search eBay for ‘CR2032 3v Button Coin Cell Battery Holder Case Box’.
3) 2 x CR2032 batteries, these were about £9 from our local supermarket.
4) Voltage regulator (Buck), should be about £4 from eBay or Amazon, search for ‘LM2596’
Let me know if anyone needs more information.
Best regards – ColinSeptember 26, 2020 at 11:45 am #1897BroadwellParticipant
Sorry to have missed this, but you will need a standard 20A vehicle relay to carry the horn Current, then feed its coil with the miniature relay on the receiver board. You will also need some heat-shrink to cover the open printed circuit boards. The LM2596 should be set to 9V output and feeds only the electronics terminal of the receiver board.
Let me know if you need help with this.
ColinOctober 4, 2020 at 8:52 pm #1899migrayParticipant
Interested to know if anyone has used a 3 channel system to implement the indicators as well as the horn?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.