SP 250 flexing

Home Forums SP250 Owners’ Club Forum SP 250 flexing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Keatley 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

John Keatley
    Participant

My 1964 Dart is flexing and the doors tighten when it is 2 up. We are in the process of taking off the sill beams between the 2 out riggers on each side and stiffening, I hope this will cure this problem.
    Is the ” A ” post easy to extract as it is rusty on the base and this would be a good time to do all ?
    I cant seem to find a picture of it on any parts supply catalogue ? Are they available ? Both left and right ?
    John.

Cameron
    Participant

Hi
    Look in Technical articles – in particular Wilf Stevens notes – I think there are diagrams of the A Posts. Also Robert Grinter does a replacement unit – have a look on his site. Barry Thorne is also an expert on the SP250 & I am sure he will be able to help.

Cameron

ozzsp250
    Participant

For what its worth;

When my car is on my double platform car lift it flexes such that the doors are hard to close, when on the ground standing on the 4 wheels all is well. I do have the chassis modifications but question if they too could be improved. I have the car sitting on solid rubber blocks between chassis and platforms in 2 places on each side.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.