Bushes Advice

Home Forums SP250 Owners’ Club Forum Bushes Advice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    timamos1
    Participant

Hello Again.

More questions from me. My SP250 is stripped down to the chassis. I am going to take all my parts for shot blasting and powder coating. Before I get there I need to remove the various rubber bushes from the joints

Would anyone advise against replacing all of the rubber bushes with poly ones ?

Is there certain joints that still benefit from having the rubber bush re instated ?

Bearing in mind I intend to update the steering to rack and pinion

Can any one recommend the best place to get the poly bushes, and if rubber are still better for certain joints where might I get these please?

Thank you in advance.
    Tim

lauriej1s
    Participant

Tim,

Polyurethane bushes in the front suspension are a very sensible upgrade, as they last longer that normal rubber bushes and keep tracking in alignment.

One such supplier is Super Flex and remember the set you need is the same as that for the TR range, so a cost saving benefit.

If doing shot blasting the front suspension parts get your blaster when powder coating to ‘plas’ coat the parts for a longer life.

We use a firm called Maldon Shotblasting and Powder Coating for the complete chassis and all ancillaries – look at their site to see the benefit of ‘plas’ coating.

Laurence

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.